15 September 2008

Treasure Hunt Tuesdays

For Treasure Hunt Tuesdays the theme this week was Plants, flowers and trees, oh my! I struggled with this one. I was going out to the lake for scouts and thought that I would find something there - forgot the camera - twice. You should have seen the moon on the lake... We went to the stake orchard to glean peaches - forgot the camera again. So I really need to get into the habit of bringing along my camera to capture what I see everyday.

I call this picture Beauty in all Things. I actually didn't take this picture, JP did, but it did come from our household collect efforts. This is the flower bed in front of my house at the beginning of the summer before we reclaimed it. It was just such a neat experience watching the kids watching the humming bird that the dandelions didn't matter (the kids think that they are pretty happy flowers - rose colored shades me thinks).

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Way cool! Dandylions and everything. Though, I don't think that's a hummingbird. It looks like a Striped Morning Sphinx moth. I had their spiked caterpillars all over my back flower beds earlier this spring. I had never seen anything like them before so I did some googling, Evening Primrose is like candy to them and it's all over the beds. Anyways, check them out.

http://www.birds-n-garden.com/hummingbird_moths.html

~Stacey

nevertheless said...

You are so right! You should come over and help us identify all the other creepy crawlies. We have a lot. Then we could figure out the best way to get rid of them...

...for all eternity said...

I LOVE THIS and to get the little guy in there too! How perfect!