29 August 2008

10 Years

So, last weekend was our ten year anniversary. This is a pretty big milestone as far as marriages go, especially these days. We have been in love for much longer than that though. This September marks our first kiss - 14 years ago, don't worry we had already been together forever before that. I am a little slow to change (I believe they call it temperamental). Josh has always been sensitive to that, which is why he waited five years for me to say yes to eternity.

Any way ten years is supposed to be the tin or aluminum gift. Seriously?! Ten years and all you get is swan shaped left-overs. Josh has always been pleasant about left-overs, but then Josh is pretty much always pleasant (which is why we have made it to 10). I need to do something a little more amazing than swans.

Most of you at this point are pondering if this is so huge to me why haven't I gotten him something yet, it has been a week! But Josh and I are in it for the long haul and dates are not as important as the thought, which means the thought ought to be a good one.
Just to put things into perspective, we completely forgot our seventh. Bonus that we both forgot it, but we did have a pretty good excuse. Josh was in the ER (got sent there during a shift at the hospital, just had to go downstairs). He was diagnosed as insulin dependant diabetic. Fun and completely life altering, so no questions there. We did end up getting a grill though (see totally not traditional).

But this year it would just be nice to suprise him. A really nice meal - not a complete suprise (give me some credit). Clean house - it has been known to happen. I have thought about painting the living room, but let's be honest that would be for me not for him. So that leaves me with rock climbing or kayaking at the Rec Center. Once again for me, not him. He is getting to golf today. Maybe a new driver or golf balls. Any way, if you have an idea don't keep it to yourself.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Hooray... Happy Ten!!

Obviously you two are as good as gold!

What about you're anniv. gift. I'd paint, but you know me and my addiction to brightly colored liquid latex.

Congrats,

~Stacey