Here's a fabulous slideshow of New Year celebrations around the world.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Besides the obvious (you only have baby 4 once), I would love to say that I have done some really crazy thing but I am not that crazy so really crazy comes difficult to me.
2. What are your New Year's resolutions for 2009?
I am currently working on compassion and empathy. I know that some of you are thinking - start small this is too big, but I think I'm ready for big.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Do I count? My sister had one too. Cousins!!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Seriously?! Do movies count? I did buy something that started it's journey in China...
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Color in my living room, paint party anyone?
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 26th. JD's birth day.
8. What was your biggest success?
Any day that I had two rooms clean top to bottom simultaneously.
9. What was your biggest failure?
My toewriting is still illegible. BEANS!!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Broke my baby toe - maybe that's why my writing was bad...
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A couple of long sleeve tees that cover my belly button (hard to find!)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
The armed forces, mothers that provided a variety of food for their children (whether it was receive well or not), postal workers (my mail arrived each day wind, rain or snow), and volunteers - you know those people who say I am busy, I have a life, a family, religious duties, a dog and two cats, soccer treats this Saturday, cub scouts, swimming lessons, etcetra; but there might be more that I can do.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I choose to be happily ignorant here.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Ha! China... :o)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Playaways at the library!!!!
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? (It's never actually a song from the year in question)
Lump...long story...or maybe not. My kids have discovered music and love it. Hmmm, that was surprisingly short.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you a. happier or sadder? b. thinner or fatter? c. richer or poorer?
a. happier b. Much, much, much thinner - don't be jealous, giving birth can do that to you. c. richer, in many, many ways.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Camping, hiking and doing the outdoors thing - it really wouldn't take much...just once.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. Did you fall in love in 2008?
How could I not, have you cuddled with JD?!
21. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is a strong word, but I would like to have some words with a person or two.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Psych gives me a good release of endorphins. Sadly it had little competition, what happened to prime time?
23. What was the best book you read?
The possibilities are endless. I think I will let this question dangle, there seems to be a hurricane brewing, run!!
24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
That my kids absolutely love whatever I play and sing the words and dance and make it their own.
25. What was your favorite film of this year?
Lars and the Real girl, Prince Caspian, Penelope etc...it is what we do - movie, popcorn, cuddle.
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
A five year plan.
28. What did you do on your birthday?
I really can't say
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Consistency and planning
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Clean, modest, and comfortable for an on the go mommy (easy to nurse in).
31. What kept you sane?
Good books; church; friends and family, and lists.
32. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Watching the news doesn't really prepare you for much.
33. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I ain't gonna wear
The clothes that you like
I'm fine and dandy
With the me inside
One look in the mirror
And I'm tickled pink
I don't give a hoot
About what you think -Pork and Beans by WEEZER
1 year ago